Website Nachurs Alpine Solutions
Do you have experience with inspecting pumps, tanks, and production lines for proper and safe operation? Are you someone who can climb and is comfortable with heights while wearing proper PPE, such as a respirator? Do you have a strong safety work ethic? If so, this may be the job for you!
For over a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Chemical Plant Operator is responsible for taking daily inventory, unloading, and loading of raw materials and finished goods, as well as, but not limited to, helping in any of the other operations departments. Chemical Operators are responsible for using and maintaining equipment used to blend chemicals.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Frequent walking to complete inventory and check for leaks and opening/closing storage tanks.
- Required to run a skid loader and forklift.
- A respirator is required for the unloading of Acetic acid, Formic acid, and Aqua Ammonia
- Able to tolerate temperature extremes up to 110*F in production and outside on hot days and cold outside temperatures during the winter.
- Outside work in all-weather elements
- Ability to work in an environment that has a moderately loud noise level.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- High school Diploma required.
- 1 to 2 years of work experience in a chemical plant and a strong understanding of chemical processing are preferred but not required.
- Must be able to acquire sufficient skill and knowledge of the chemical processes to conduct operations and processes.
- Ability to utilize computer and/or electronic equipment.
- Safety-oriented work habits
- Strong attention to small details and precision in all operations
- Good analytical, critical thinking, and evaluation abilities
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Unload all raw materials according to procedures. Open and close tanks and unloading lines to move the raw materials from the railcars or trucks to the storage tanks.
- Operation of production equipment such as pumps, blenders, reactors, and weigh scales.
- Read charts, meters, and other output devices to manage machinery with a high level of precision.
- Collect, label, deliver, and store samples for lab testing.
- Prepare drums, totes, and other containers for the transport of products.
- Label packaged materials following company and government regulations.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and reports.
- Ensure all documentation produced follows quality standards.
- Document and communicate work activities.
- Operate various pumps, fans, valves, and other equipment throughout the plant safely.
- Under supervision, complete daily batches as assigned per batch ticket instructions.
- Learn and follow applicable procedures to ensure jobs are completed in a safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible manner.
- Complete daily inventory with the Plant Manager.
- Work in other operation areas including maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment following all company safety guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits:
- In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from $16.01- $20.27 per hour. Note that wages may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for vacation, holidays, health, dental, vision, mental health, retirement plans, and other benefits. Follow this link for more information regarding Wilbur-Ellis employee benefits, https://bit.ly/3S8aDCj
- Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job please visit careers.wilburellis.com.