Website Lucas Oil
Job Purpose: . The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at our Corydon, Indiana location. This position provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
- Ensure accurate and timely weekly payroll by correcting timesheets and tracking attendance for the Corydon location.
- Listen actively to employee concerns and questions, and provide complete and accurate information about HR policy, time off policy, pay impacts, benefits information, and other HR items.
- Provide support for employee questions regarding HR policies and procedures, escalating to a senior member of the HR team as needed.
- Help administer health and welfare plans including enrollments, changes and terminations for the Corydon facility.
- Assists with the recruitment process, including tracking status of candidates in the HRIS and responding with follow-up letters at the end of the recruitment process.
- Attends and participates in college and community job fairs as required.
- Support new hire onboarding including providing formal offers, coordinating training, onboarding and preparing new employee files.
- Process new hire paperwork, including monitoring of background checks and arranging of drug screens.
- Assists with the preparation and coordination for the performance review process.
- Work with the senior HR site lead on Corydon employee engagement initiatives including but not limited to employee events and recognition efforts.
- Supports the company Workers Compensation program, including maintaining accurate record-keeping
- Work in collaboration with safety to track and report work related injuries.
- Responsible for employee updates and accurate data in the HRIS.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn HRIS software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least one year related experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.