Well established calibration, testing and inspection service organization in the Corydon, IN area is seeking a Calibration Technician for a full-time position. The candidate will be responsible for the calibration of mechanical inspection, measuring and testing equipment in the Corydon lab as well as field work at the customers’ location, as needed.
The candidate will work with other technicians on the team or may work on projects by themselves. The candidate should be a self-starter and should possess good interpersonal skills. Good verbal and written communication skills and well as computer skills are a must. Candidates will be required to travel on-site to calibrate a variety of inspection, measuring and testing equipment. The candidate will test, calibrate, troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical, electromechanical and electronic measuring, recording and indicating instrumentation and equipment for conformance to established standards.
Successful candidate must be able to perform essential functions either in a calibration laboratory or at a customer site.
- Calibration of mechanical inspection, measuring and testing equipment.
- Hardness testers, optical comparators, surface plates, tensile testers
- Torque drivers, torque wrenches, torque analyzers
- Pressure gauges, temperature equipment, force equipment
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and physical dimensional calibrations.
- Listed above is a representative sample of the type of equipment calibrated daily.
- Candidate should have previous experience in mechanical measuring, inspection, and testing equipment calibration. Candidates with experience using mechanical measuring, inspection, and testing equipment will also be considered.
- Commercial or Military experience acceptable.
- Position will require travel. Most travel would be within a 6–8-hour range of Corydon, IN. Current technicians average 5 plus overnights per month.
- Candidate shall be able to work 40 plus hours per week to meet customer demands. Overtime work is required.
- Candidate shall provide their own cell phone with data plan for connection to Accu-Chek email and multi-factor authentication.
- Candidate shall be able to lift 60 pounds.
- Candidate shall have a clean driving record, background check, and drug screen.
Additional Job Requirements:
Qualified candidates must possess a strong commitment to customer satisfaction, a high degree of motivation and work ethic.
3+ years experience as a technician desired.
Must possess a valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record and be able to travel to offsite customer locations (possibly overnight).
Associates Degree, preferably in a technical discipline and/or formal training in Metrology, such as the Precision Measurement Equipment Course (PMEL) or TMDE is highly desirable.
We offer competitive wages, health insurance, matching 401(k), paid vacation, and holidays.
To be considered, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.aciquality.com.