Website YMCA OF HARRISON COUNTY
Evenings/Weekends, flexible hours, free Y membership, 12-20 hours, $12-$13 an hour
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. This person will be responsible for overall supervision of the YMCA building and grounds during shift, acting as the leadership staff person in the absence of leadership team members, and will determine when to contact other appropriate YMCA leadership regarding matters of program/membership delivery and facility operations.
1. Work evenings during the week and weekends.
2. Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs Y leadership of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
3. Works effectively with while supervising all other staff on duty.
4. When necessary, provides back-up and breaks to front-line support to all departments including service desk, kids zone, wellness center, sports, and housekeeping.
5. Perform minor cleanup as needed.
6. Responsible for closing the Y as well as monitoring security procedures and facility operations during assigned shift.
7. Ensures the safety of staff, members, participants and guest by assuming a visible presence in the facility.
8. Responsible for knowing and applying all YMCA information, including programs, events, policies, and procedures.
9. Attends monthly staff meetings and appropriate training seminars and conferences.
10. Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times and safely supervise activities.
11. Monitors the safety and well-being of participants and guests.
12. Be able to articulate the mission to all staff, members and participants.
13. Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member satisfaction.
14. Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the YMCA through tours and interactions.
15. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
1. Minimum age of 21 years old.
2. Be passionate about serving the community, enjoy engaging with the public.
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
5. Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
6. Previous experience supervising personnel and programs.
7. Basic math and computer skills.
8. Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
9. Certification requirements
(within 30 days of hire): CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens;
(within 60 days of hire): completion of role specific and YMCA specific trainings (Team Leader Y-Competencies)
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively. High level of alertness, concentration, and initiative. Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform job responsibilities. Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; occasionally stoop/bend.
**The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.ymcaharrison.org.