Website YMCA of Harrison County
All Shifts available- flexible
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This person maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas and creates a positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement.
1. Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
2. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
3. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
4. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
5. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
6. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
7. Performs chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action.
8. Maintains effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
9. Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
7. Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.
8. Be able to articulate the mission to all staff, members and participants.
9. Monitors the safety and well-being of participants and guests.
10. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
11. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
12. Assists in training new Lifeguard staff.
13. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY NOT BE ALL INCLUSIVE AND EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO PERFORM ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY MANAGEMENT. JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND DUTIES MAY BE MODIFED WHEN DEEMED APPROPRIATE BY MANAGEMENT.
1. Minimum age of 16 years old.
2. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid (current)
Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification (current)
3. Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with Red Cross standards.
4. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Visual, auditory, and verbal ability necessary for the job, including projecting voice across a distance. Must have high level of alertness, concentration, and initiative. Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform job. Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child. Ability to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, and squat for period of time.
**The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.ymcaharrison.org.