Kid Zone Attendant
Need: Mornings- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, hours 8:30am to 12:30pm
Provides a safe, fun environment for children of YMCA members. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
1. Supervises a group of children while staying actively engaged.
2. May plan and implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values.
3. Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
4. Attends staff meetings and trainings.
5. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
6. Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff.
7. Any reasonable request that does not compromise personal conviction or YMCA mission.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Previous experience working with children
2. At least 16 years of age
3. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
4. Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise children’s activities.
Location: 198 Jenkins Ct., Corydon IN 47112
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.