Website YMCA OF HARRISON COUNTY YMCA OF HARRISON COUNTY
Cleans and sanitizes assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, grounds keeping, and other related responsibilities.
1. Completes all duties as assigned and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. Duties include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities such as lawn care (weeding, trash pickup, parking lot care) and general cleaning.
2. Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment (buffer, floor scrubber, truck).
3. Records and reports all needed repairs.
4. Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
5. Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
6. May set up furniture for events.
7. Any reasonable request that does not compromise personal conviction or YMCA mission.
YMCA Competencies (Leader)
Mission and Community Oriented: Accepts and demonstrates YMCA values. Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Works with volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
People Oriented: Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Results Oriented: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Supports fundraising; follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
Personal Development Oriented: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
1. CPR and First Aid Certification.
2. Six months or more of related experience preferred.
3. Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
4. Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
5. Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
6. Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
1. Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
2. Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
3. Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
4. Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.