Website The ALTRUIST Group
True Values. True Vision.
The ALTRUIST Group is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Direct Support Professional (DSP) to provide individualized, interactive supervision and community-based instruction to an adult with intellectual and cognitive disabilities in the Lanesville, Indiana area Monday-Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Must be comfortable with performing ADLs and utilizing a lift.
- Wage up to $15.00 per hour
- Paid training
- Mileage reimbursement at the federal rate
- Auto insurance reimbursement
- Employee incentives
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits for full time employment
- Compassionate and show personal interest in the client’s needs/goals
- Patient and understanding with clients as they master their goals
- Resourceful in helping clients find activities of their interest
- Able to treat clients with dignity and respect
- Able to model Leadership, Integrity, Teamwork, Inspiration, and Accountability
WHAT WILL YOU DO AS A DSP? DSP’s provide supervision and support to clients to foster independence and achievement of their goals such as:
- Meal preparation
- Personal daily living skills such as bathing, grooming, and dressing, etc.
- Social interaction with client in the home (crafts, watching tv, conversation) and community (church events, eating out)
- Administer medication and attend to other medical needs
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be comfortable with performing ADLs and utilizing a lift
- 18 + years of age
- High School Diploma/GED
- 6 months experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities and/or experience in a human services field is beneficially preferred
- Home Health Aide, CNA, or NADSP Credential and/or training beneficial
- Reliable transportation that is properly registered
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Have Auto Insurance with a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 Injury Liability Coverage
- Smartphone with Data Plan for clocking in/out and documentation
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain
If you are interested, please go to www.altruistgroup.net to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.altruistgroup.net.