Website Mainstream Fiber Networks
Driver’s License (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Mechanic: 2 years (Preferred)
ASE Certification (Preferred)
Full Job Description
A mechanically inclined individual with the ability to work on multiple tasks. Should expect to diagnose and maintain a fleet of vehicles and equipment. Including, but not limited to, excavators, bucket trucks, light and heavy-duty trucks, small engines, and trailers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Light fabricating and welding.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
- Electrical and Hydraulic repairs.
- Review Daily Vehicle Inspection reports/repairs.
- Arc Welding.
- Prior work experience in diesel, propane, and gas motor knowledge.
- Work on small engines.
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles.
- Complete preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Customer service skills.
- Being a great mechanic involves more than identifying problems, repairing or replacing worn parts, and knowing the difference between the camshaft and crankshaft.
- Diagnostic skills
- Work ethic.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Technical aptitude.
- A wide array of knowledge.
- Prior Experience.
- Valid Drivers licenses
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prior mechanic experience 3-5 years.
- Previous DOT inspections.
- ASE certified.
- Requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, twisting, reaching above shoulder level.
- Requires constant traveling between location
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- This position is based out of Corydon, Indiana. Are you able to commute?
- Mechanic: 2 years (Preferred)
- DOT: 1 year (Preferred)
- ASE Certification (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.