Website Mainstream Fiber Networks
- Corydon, IN 47112
- Salary: $15.00 to $17.00/hour
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
OSP Construction Laborer
Mainstream Fiber Networks, LLC Corydon, IN USA
About Mainstream Fiber Networks, LLC:
Mainstream Fiber Networks is a regional Internet Service Provider in southern Indiana. Our goal is to provide affordable broadband fiber optic internet services to un-served and under-served communities.
Under general supervision, this position performs tasks associated with the construction of FTTH drops.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in maintaining proper inventory on vehicle based on work assignment
- Ability to assist in pulling out cable lines and other equipment used in installing cable wires
- Installs equipment and using assorted small hand and power tools
- Operates vehicle and bucket lift safely, following all safety and traffic regulations
- Basic daily maintenance of Company vehicle including fluids check, cleanliness vehicle organization
- Assists in directing traffic flow in accordance with local and state DOT guidelines
This position does require being on call. Employee will respond to emergency call between the hours of 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. This position may require weekend work, night work and/or overnight travel.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Must have an understanding of basic construction principles
- Must have ability to follow directions
- Must have the ability to operate manual and mechanical equipment necessary to complete jobs
- Must have or able to obtain knowledge of “safety systems” associated with aerial cable including set-up and emergency procedures
- The employee shall follow all safety rules at all times.
- The employee shall not engage in unsafe acts.
- The employee is expected to attend and participate in all safety meetings and training.
- The employee shall use all prescribed safety equipment that is required to safely do the job at hand.
- The employee shall report unsafe acts or conditions to his or her immediate Supervisor or Safety Personnel.
- The employee shall report any and all injuries, accidents and/or incidents immediately their immediate Supervisor.
- The employee shall be a safe worker on and off the job.
Education/Training and Certification, Licensure, Registration Requirements, Experience:
A High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must be able to drive an automatic transmission up to 21,000 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and may be subject to adverse conditions such as high humidity, temperatures, rain, snow and prolonged sun exposure. The outside work environment will vary throughout the workday including changes in terrain, traffic, urban settings and/or rural settings. The employee is occasionally exposed to natural gas and to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds regularly and frequently lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.