Website Harrison County Hospital
Serving the people of Harrison County since 1950
Swab Technician (CNA, MA, or EMT Required) FT, Temporary
Job Summary: Covid-19 Swab Technician
Responsible for testing patient for COVID-19 via nasopharyngeal swab. Will assist with flow of patients arriving on site for testing to perform tests. Will educate patients on the process of testing and redirect those who are displaying certain health symptoms. The position will also be required to escort and direct individuals entering the building to various areas of the facility. In addition to testing, will also be responsible for screening all patient entering the building to minimize risk utilizing temperature checks and following screening process. Works in a team environment with proper PPE provide. Requires an understanding of donning and doffing PPE and infection prevention. High School diploma or equivalent required. Certified Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, or Emergency Medical Technician required.
- Annual Fire/Electrical Safety Training
- Annual Infection Control Training
- Annual Hazardous Materials Training
- CPR Certification
- Corporate Compliance
- Annual flu vaccine
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Good knowledge of medical terminology
- Legible handwriting
- Computer knowledge/ Order Entry
- Heavy phone use
- Use of fax machine and copier
*Previous healthcare experience
*Certified Nursing Assistant, or
*Medical Assistant, or
*Emergency Medical Technician required.
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and behaviors appropriate to the populations (s) served, and based on specific criteria and/or age specific considerations, as follows:
- Exhibit communication skills necessary to interpret age specific response to situations.
- Ability to assess and interpret data specific to infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
- Ability to provide age specific treatments. (Infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics).
- Knowledge of growth and development.
To apply for this job please visit hchin.applicantpro.com.