Website St. John's Lutheran School
Where Learning Happens through PLAY!
OUT OF SCHOOL TIME DIRECTOR
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (preferred) with five (5) years of professional experience
2. Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education (or equivalent) with a minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience
3. Experience in the field
1) KEEP CHILDREN SAFE!
2) HAVE FUN WITH THE CHILDREN!
1. Function in a manner consistent with the teachings of the mission of St. John’s Lutheran Church and the LCMS (Lutheran Church Missouri Synod)
2. Report to the Principal and keeps abreast of OST activities and issues
3. Drive to continuously improve and grow the program and promote St. John’s and its ministry
4. Interact positively and appropriately with children while being a role model
5. Exhibit Christian concern for all; show sensitivity to the needs of others; care about others’ feelings; maintain confidence; be respectful of others.
6. Maintain poise, punctuality, enthusiasm, dependability, loyalty, creativity, trustworthiness, adaptability, and a positive self-concept.
7. Maintain accurate, detailed, and confidential records required by state and federal agencies
8. Punctually and properly complete all necessary paperwork for LLEP, CCDF, HCCF, OMWPK, accreditation, etc.
9. Communicate effectively with children, staff, parents, and other members of the general public
10. Excellent administrative skills, Word, Excel, detail-oriented, and organized
11. Monitor the collection of fees
12. Actively promote personal and professional development. Maintain membership in professional organizations and associations. Membership implies active participation.
13. Perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting children, lifting heavy items (up to 50 lbs.), unassisted; bending; standing; climbing, or walking.
14. Supervise and evaluates the ECE Program (preschool programs) and OST Program (Out of School Time Program), teachers, and managers in the Directors absences.
15. Provide guidance and assistance to the OST programs
16. Provide/attend weekly meetings and or Professional Development opportunities
17. Provide teachers with training opportunities to ensure all state requirements are met
18. Observe classrooms regularly and evaluates teachers while providing constructive feedback and future goals
19. Review classroom schedules, events/special guest/activities/fieldtrips, curriculum, weekly lesson plans, newsletters and notes sent home
20. Recruit, interview, screen, orient, and train early childhood educators; provide as a liaison to the hiring and termination process
21. Create a schedule for trained and qualified ECE and OST teachers
22. Direct/coordinate preschool, aftercare and summer activities
23. Collaborate with the principal and staff regarding scheduling, supervision, finances, etc.
24. Assess developmental levels of children
25. Organize various activities throughout the year
26. Volunteer for extracurricular activities throughout the year; 1 per each quarter
To apply for this job email your details to NATALIE.LOVELL@STJOHNSLANESVILLE.COM.