Website Indiana Caverns
Join the team at Indiana Caverns leading interpretive tours that are safe, fun, educational, and guest-focused. Share with guests the story of the cave, its formation, growth, discovery, development, animal life, and past inhabitants (peccary, bison, bear, fisher, and other Ice Age bones). Successful candidates will be friendly, enthusiastic, articulate, responsible, safety-conscious, good work ethic, and be team players. Must have reliable transportation. Age 18 and older.
• Provide safe, educational, entertaining tours that provide guests with accurate and current, science-based facts related to geology, biology, ecology, and history
• Complete required training program
• Provide awesome customer service whether working in the cave on any type of tour, in the Welcome Center, Bat Chaser, gem mining, etc.
• Assist visitors as needed, wherever in a friendly and courteous manner
• Assist staff with administrative tasks, maintenance, and upkeep of all facilities on the property
• Available daily including holidays and weekends for the entire season.
• Interest in nature, the environment, and caves.
• Clean record.
• Ability to learn by reading and by observing.
• Enthusiasm and a willingness to grow and learn.
• Communication skills are adaptable to an informal environment with people of all ages and backgrounds.
• Able to work with large groups of people of varied backgrounds and interests.
• Ability to multitask and work independently.
• Able to walk and climb stairs in the cave up to 6 times per day, stand for extended periods, and lift boxes
• Valuable work experience, job reviews, and promotions.
• Once-in-a-lifetime experience.
• Free entry to other local attractions
• Staff events: caving, fossil hunts, campfires, and parties.
• Gain personal life skills not achieved in many other entry-level positions.
To be considered for this position, please apply for the tour guide position on our website.
To apply for this job please visit indianacaverns.com.