Website Harrison County Hospital
Serving the people of Harrison County since 1950
The Medical Assistant is a key member of the patient care team by supporting our providers with the delivery of high-quality care. We are seeking a qualified medical assistant who is dependable, eager to learn, able to multi-task, a good team player, honest, and health-focused.
- Medical Assistant Degree Preferred
- 1 year of experience Preferred
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Medical assisting duties include:
- Preparing and updating charts
- Obtain vital signs and chief complaint from patient
- Assist Physician with any procedures
- Tracks inventory and reorder supplies
- Removes sutures as instructed per physician
- Performs EKG’s
- Performs phlebotomy and prepares blood samples
- Notifies patient with test results
- Performs dextrosticks on glucometer
- Documents and tracks drug samples
- Prepares and administers IM injections, SQ,ID
- Catheter insertion
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterile/aseptic technique and recognizes and corrects any break in technique
- Triage phone calls and send messages to physician via EMR
- Help out with front office as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must be dependable, professional, and a team player.
- Seeking energetic, motivated candidates.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- Excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette.
To apply for this job please visit hchin.applicantpro.com.