Website Harrison County Hospital
Serving the people of Harrison County since 1950
Looking for a highly skilled Physical Therapist with experience in outpatient services. Our clinic is a hospital based, general outpatient facility and we serve a large variety of diagnoses from orthopedic conditions to neurologic conditions. Our patient population is also broad servicing pediatric patients to geriatric patients. Our team also provides services to our inpatients and occasional inpatient evaluation and treatments will be required.
- Demonstrates ability to provide medical treatment based on tested knowledge of treatments related to the age specific requirements of pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients. Performs all services described in the Physical Therapy Scope of Care and Purpose policy of the Rehabilitation Department at Harrison County Hospital.
- Delivers service in professional, compassionate, and courteous manner while respecting the dignity and individuality of each person.
- Obtains and reviews any pertinent patient data and schedules an evaluation within programmatic timelines.
- Performs a thorough evaluation of each assigned patient with clean and concise documentation of the results.
- Correctly interprets evaluation data and formulates measurable functional goals and objectives.
- Recognizes the need to appropriately refer patients to other agencies and disciplines.
- Selects and uses appropriate intervention techniques/materials relative to patient’s age.
- Consistently utilizes/delegates patient treatment programs to support personnel with appropriate supervision per state practice guidelines.
- Monitors and re-evaluates patients’ responses to treatment.
- Provides patient follow-up programs (home programs, referrals).
- Provides teaching for the patient, family and staff.
- Accurately and consistently establishes and modifies functional, measurable and realistic short/long term goals and treatment plan.
- Completes all required documentation and maintains pertinent record of all assigned patients in order to be compliant with HFAP, CARF, Medicare and other regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to be efficient and productive by organizing job duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains effective communication regarding Therapy programs, Facility programs, and departmental/programmatic issues.
- Maintains equipment and environment in a safe/orderly manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competency.
- Contributes to the organization and operation of the department/programs within the Facility’s strategic plan and mission statement.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Indiana
- CPR Certified
- Annual PPD
- Annual Fire/Safety Training
- Corporate Compliance
- Strong verbal and written skills and limited public speaking abilities
- Computer operational skills
- Time management skills
- Self motivated and directed
- Multi-task capability
- Communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with others
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from accredited program
- Must have passed a licensing examination approved by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency/Physical Therapy Committee
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and behaviors appropriate to the population(s) served, and based on specific criteria and/or age specific considerations, as follows:
- Exhibits communication skills necessary to interpret response to situations/treatments encountered in Rehab Medicine
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all age groups in Rehab Medicine
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with all patients and staff members in Rehab Medicine
To apply for this job please visit hchin.applicantpro.com.