Website Mulzer Crushed Stone, Inc.
The foremost supplier of crushed stone, sand, gravel, scrubber stone, rip-rap and ag-lime in Southern Indiana
The Mechanic is responsible for making repairs and maintaining machinery & mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines & equipment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify tools needed for each repair.
- Diagnose problems and causes.
- Communicate with others (on-site and off-site) regarding status of equipment, parts availability and schedule of future repairs.
- Possess a willingness to continuously learn about new & old equipment.
- Clean up after every job is complete.
- Work in a safe and environmentally aware manner.
- Be self-motivated, flexible and eager to learn.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and listen to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantle devices to gain access and remove defective parts.
- Examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repair or replace defective parts.
- Install special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricate and clean parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Set up and operate drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiate purchase orders for parts.
- Complete all required documents once a day.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Exhibit leadership to other mechanics and lube techs and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations’ policies and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work to meet the demand of production; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A.A.) and one year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience totaling three years. Computer skills are necessary in order to conduct research and order parts.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk or hear; sit; stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather condition. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crh.com.