Website Mulzer Crushed Stone
Job ID: 489054
Mulzer Crushed Stone, Inc., a CRH Company, is the foremost supplier of crushed stone, sand, gravel, scrubber stone, rip-rap and ag-lime in Southern Indiana. Complete with six quarries, fifteen retail locations and two sand and gravel plants, Mulzer Crushed Stone, Inc. has supplied aggregate to area construction projects, large and small, since 1935. Mulzer Crushed Stone, Inc. is the Tri-State’s established leader in delivering superior quality products that provide exceptional value to those we serve. In addition, by being a part of the CRH Americas family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH Americas. CRH Americas is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
The General Laborer will work in utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Assist construction crew with various duties such as; shoveling and raking, running wheelbarrow.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and materials with shovel.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- May be called upon to run small power tools such as a jack hammer.
- Dig, spread, and level construction materials.
- Lift, carry and hold material, tools and supplies.
- Clean shop, barge and yard areas.
- Perform maintenance on all types of equipment (conveyor, washers, vehicles, etc.).
- Perform physical labor (shovel materials, carry tools, etc.).
- Mow grass.
- Operate different types of equipment (loaders, winches, backhoes, etc.).
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk or hear; sit; stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crh.com.