Website Harrison County Hospital
Serving the people of Harrison County since 1950
Harrison County Hospital is one of the county’s largest employers. The hospital offers rewarding positions and pleasant working conditions in both clinical and non-clinical areas. As a hospital, our highest priority is providing excellent patient care.
By working at Harrison County Hospital, you have the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our patients and promote joy throughout our communities.
CNA Certification Required.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Department of Nursing this position performs duties assisting the staff nurses in the treatment and care of patients in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the hospital. The ICU/TCU Nursing Assistant must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, to adequately assess data reflective of the patients’ status and interpret the appropriate information needed to provide age-specific needs. Always be prepared to act in an emergency situation to aid the nurse/physician in patient care. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
STATUS: Full-time, Days
- Corporate compliance
- Annual Fire/Safety in-service attendance.
- Annual OSHA
- Annual PPD/Flu vaccine
- Good knowledge of medical terminology.
- Use of correct terminology, spelling and grammar in documentation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic simple nursing skills needed to function on ICU/TCU Unit.
- Understanding of intake and output, documents correctly.
- Annual CPR.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current Indiana CNA License
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and behaviors appropriate to the populations (s) served, and based on specific criteria and/or age specific considerations, as follows:
- Possess skills and knowledge to perform basic nursing care for infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric adults.
- Demonstrates age specific communication skills in care of patients.
- Knowledge of growth and development.
To apply for this job please visit hchin.applicantpro.com.