Website Harrison County Hospital
Serving the people of Harrison County since 1950
Harrison County Hospital is one of the county’s largest employers. The hospital offers rewarding positions and pleasant working conditions in both clinical and non-clinical areas. As a hospital, our highest priority is providing excellent patient care.
By working at Harrison County Hospital, you have the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our patients and promote joy throughout our communities.
Under the supervision of the Department of Nursing this position performs the receptionist and secretarial duties on the patient care unit; serves as the focal communication source in the nursing station through interaction with patients, visitors, staff, other departments and physicians; and assists the staff nurses in the treatment and care of patients in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the hospital. This employee demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, to adequately assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to provide age-specific needs.
Status: Full-time, Day Shift
- Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Life Insurance
- Employee Health and Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Hospital and Physician Practice Discounts
- Paid Days Off
- Extended Illness Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Service Awards
- Cafe Discounts
- Active CNA license for State of Indiana
- CPR certification
- Corporate compliance
- Annual influenza vaccine
- Annual Fire/Safety in service attendance.
- Good knowledge of medical terminology.
- Use of correct terminology, spelling and grammar in documentation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic simple nursing skills needed to function on Med/Surg Unit.
- Understanding of intake and output, documents correctly.
- Heavy phone use.
- Computer systems in Med-Surg area. (Cerner and Rauland).
- Use of fax and copier.
- High School Diploma or GED required. CNA required.
- Must be able to fulfill all CNA requirements.
- Completes telemetry class successfully within 6 months of employment.
To apply for this job please visit hchin.applicantpro.com.