Website Mainstream Fiber Networks
- Corydon, IN 47112
- Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 /hour
Mainstream Fiber Networks, LLC Corydon, IN USA
About Mainstream Fiber Networks, LLC:
Mainstream Fiber Networks is a regional Internet Service Provider in southern Indiana. Our goal is to provide affordable broadband fiber optic internet services to un-served and under-served communities.
$18-$23, based on experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs tasks associated with the prepping and splicing of fiber lines
- Maintain proper inventory on vehicle based on work assignment
- Assemble equipment according to design specifications
- Install/repair fiber lines in trenches and/or pedestals using various hand tools
- Test, activate, and troubleshoot equipment after installation
- Basic daily maintenance of provided vehicle-check fluids, clean and organize vehicle
- Prepare paperwork to track daily production, and accurately record completed work on job site blueprints
This position may require being on-call. Employee will respond to emergency call between the hours of 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. This position may require weekend work, night work, and/or overnight travel.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Minimum two (2) years previous experience or training
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers, homeowners, and customers
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry 50 pounds several times each day
- Ability to endure long periods of standing, sitting, or walking
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment during all times of the year
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to operate technical equipment, including but not limited to computer, OTDR and fusion splicing equipment
- Ability to lift and manipulate splice enclosures and other plant and equipment
Education and Experience:
A High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience required.
Certificates , Licenses, Registrations:
Must be able to drive an automatic transmission up 21,000 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and may be subject to adverse conditions such as high humidity, high temperatures, high wind, extreme cold, rain, sleet, and snow. The outside work environment will vary throughout the workday including changes in terrain, traffic, urban settings, and/or rural settings. The employee is occasionally exposed to natural gas and to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds repeatedly and frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeedjobs.com.