Website Nachurs Alpine Solutions
Do you have quality assurance testing and analysis experience and experience with setting up laboratory equipment? Do you have knowledge of liquid fertilizers and field testing experience? Do you have experience performing tests on crop samples? If so, this may be the job for you!
For over a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Lab Technician will be responsible for completing quality assurance testing and analysis and maintaining appropriate documents supporting technical services. Additional responsibilities include inventory tracking, reporting, and data entry.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Prepare laboratory samples for analysis, following proper protocols to ensure that they will be stored, prepared, and disposed of efficiently and effectively
- Set up laboratory or field equipment as required for site testing
- Collect crop samples
- Measure or weigh ingredients used in laboratory testing
- Must demonstrate knowledge of fertilizers (liquid)
- Perform crop production duties, such as tilling, hoeing, pruning, weeding, or harvesting crops
- Perform laboratory or field testing, using spectrometers, nitrogen determination apparatus, air samplers, centrifuges, or potential hydrogen (pH) meters to perform tests
- Prepare and perform various tests on crop samples to test for signs of disease or other issues
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Associate degree combined with a minimum of two years relevant experience or equivalent working experience in a technical services or quality assurance position
- Strong knowledge of computers utilizing Microsoft Windows, Windows applications, and Sample submission software
- Detail oriented
- Comply with company safety standards
- Able to handle time-sensitive and stressful situations
- Strong analytical skills and research techniques
- Multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Physically able to endure outdoor climates including hot or cold weather extremes
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative laboratory tests on incoming raw materials and outgoing finished goods, and for production support
- Compile and analyze test information for corrective action on out-of-spec products. Investigate product, and process deviations, identify root causes, and develop corrective and preventative actions
- Interact with plant staff for research and other formulation resolution. Able to complete analysis per defined formulas to provide required batch adjustments to meet specifications.
- Sets up, maintains, and calibrates laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for tests, research, or process control
- Document and maintain results of tests and analysis. Postproduction information into the accounting system and monitor against production standards
- Complete physical to book reconciliation of inventory, research discrepancies, and make appropriate adjustments working directly with Accounting
- Support sales and marketing as it relates to Quality Assurance
- Administrative support and/or other jobs as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from $22.74 to $30.30 per hour. Note that wages may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for vacation, holidays, health, dental, vision, mental health, retirement plans, and other benefits. Follow this link for more information regarding Wilbur-Ellis employee benefits, https://bit.ly/3S8aDCj
- Drug-Free Workplace
NACHURS is a Wilbur-Ellis business.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wilburellis.com.