Website Caesars Southern Indiana
With a friendly, upbeat and positive attitude, the Attendant Guest Room is responsible for and maintaining the overall cleanliness of the Hotel guest rooms and to expeditiously meet guests needs through the delivery of exceptional service.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Vacuums, sweeps, mops, and cleans carpet and flooring in guest rooms.
- Scrubs, disinfects and deodorizes bathtubs/ showers, toilets, wash basins, wastebaskets, tile and other bathroom and/ or vanity fixtures and furnishings in guestrooms.
- Dusts, brushes, polishes, cleans and vacuums furniture, glass, mirrors, curtains, framed pictures, appliances and other structural fixtures and furnishings in guest rooms.
Removes trash and debris from guest rooms.
- Strips beds, collects dirty linens, and makes beds with fresh linens.
- Reports items found in guest rooms to Housekeeping Supervisor; properly tags Lost and Found items and delivers them to the Housekeeping Office, for storage.
- Routinely inspects guest rooms for maintenance needs, such as burned- out light bulbs, plumbing or electrical problems, carpentry needs, or other special problems, and reports same to the Housekeeping Office, for proper resolution.
- Accepts responsibility to follow key control procedures during assigned shift.
- Replenishes linens, amenities and other supplies to guestrooms.
Able to complete 16 to 18 rooms in 8 hours period
Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must possess effective communication skills.
- Must be able to understand and comply with the requirements for safe handling of chemicals.
- Ability to read and comprehend a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Must possess problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Must have be a team player.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated businessWORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time (minimum of four hours).
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency while performing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the casino; from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
- Must be able to lift, carry and/or push a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, twist, turn, push, pull, grasp objects and the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Primary Location- Indiana-Elizabeth-Caesars Southern Indiana
Employee Status- Regular
Job Level- Entry Level
To apply for this job please visit caesars.taleo.net.