Website Harrison County Hospital
Serving the people of Harrison County since 1950
Under the direction of the Registration Coordinator and the Patient Accounts Manager, it is the responsibility of the Registration Clerk to complete the hospital registration process accurately by obtaining the correct information and signatures from each patient that presents themselves at the hospital for treatment while maintaining a very high public relations profile.
1. Greet customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
2. Correctly enter necessary information in computer and print necessary forms.
3. Obtain patient or responsible party signature on various forms.
4. Correctly scans all supporting paperwork (e.g. drivers license, insurance cards…).
5. Prepare ID bracelet according to departmental policies.
6. Route patients to appropriate departments.
7. Receive payments on patient accounts.
8. Call various physician offices to have orders faxed when necessary.
9. Answer telephone in an efficient, courteous and friendly manner.
10. Ask Medicare secondary payor questions during the registration process.
11. Ability to communicate with understanding and politeness with patients and family.
12. Has knowledge of departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
13. Thoroughly document all information received by telephone.
14. Do manual registrations when computer system is down.
15. Ensures proper distribution of all paperwork to the appropriate departments.
16. Follow proper procedure for fire drill, disaster drill, etc.
- Annual Fire/Safety Training
- Annual PPD
- Annual Corporate Compliance
- Ability to communicate with persons both in and out of the hospital.
- Ability to communicate and handle family members with understanding and politeness in time of stress and need.
- High school diploma or GED
- General knowledge of insurance preferred but not required.
- Medical office experience preferred but not required.
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and behaviors appropriate to the population(s) served, and based on specific criteria and/or age specific considerations, as follows:
- Infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Communication skills to obtain and interpret information pertaining to patients’ needs.
To apply for this job please visit hchin.applicantpro.com.