Website Eckart LLC
Stock It, Know It, Stand By It
Full Job Description
The receiving clerk signs for deliveries, checks delivery content against the shipping invoice, addresses and resolves any problems with shipments, stocks or transfers deliveries accordingly, and works with both customers and distributors to address any shipping and delivery issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Receiving Clerk
- Accepts and signs for deliveries from distributor.
- Assists in unloading shipments from delivery truck.
- Uses dollies, forklifts, and other moving equipment to transport shipments from loading dock and around stockroom.
- Opens boxes and inspects contents of shipments.
- Processes returns for any defective or incorrect items.
- Checks shipping invoice to ensure all items are accounted for.
- Contacts seller or distributor to resolve shipment discrepancies.
- Stores, restocks, and shelves delivery items as necessary.
- Ensures that stockroom is clean and organized.
- Processes transfers for shipments moving on to another location.
- Manages and maintains all billing records.
- Maintains records of all received shipments.
- Conducts inventory of products, and logs data into inventory database.
- Contacts distributor to inquire about shipment delays or problems.
- Reports any major or unresolved shipment delays or problems to company manager.
- Addresses and answers customer inquiries about pending orders and shipments.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Possesses physical strength necessary to lift and move heavy boxes received by the facility.
- Exhibits ability to use inventory software efficiently.
- Possesses basic math skills.
- Works well with a team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Handles discrepancies or shipping problems calmly and politely.
- Exhibits familiarity with shipping and billing procedures.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Demonstrates solid problem-solving skills.
- Is capable of operating forklifts and other equipment to move heavy shipments.
- Demonstrates awareness of proper warehouse and factory safety procedures.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- License and certification to operate heavy machinery is strongly preferred.
- Time will be spent in a stockroom, warehouse, or loading dock receiving and transporting deliveries.
- Time will also be spent in a shipping and receiving office processing inventory and paperwork.
- Moderate to heavy physical labor such as lifting and moving heavy items is required on a regular basis.
- Temperature in the warehouse or dock varies according to external climate.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.