Website First Savings Bank
- Location:8160 Beech Street SE Elizabeth, IN 47117
- Job Category: 5C – Tellers
- Employee Type: Part Time
- Required Degree: High school
Provides basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with financial institution procedures while looking for ways to better service our customers with our products and services.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Accepts loan payments and ensures the payments match balances due. Enters payments into the computer and issues customer receipts.
- Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Counts, checks and packages coin and currency as needed.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Reports malfunctions of teller erminals and other equipment used at the teller station.
- Is responsible for checking night depository bags and mail deposits, verifying contents and recording proper information on the financial institution’s forms.
- Is responsible for comprehensive, prompt and efficient customer transactions.
- Responsible for keeping cash and keys secure and adhering to cash drawer limits.
- Answers customer questions when necessary, always using the opportunities to cross-sell other bank services and refers to the proper person.
- Practice Sales and Service Performance Standards.
- Issues cashier’s checks, money orders and credit card advances.
- Responsible for being compliant with all regulations and compliance requirements pertaining to job function.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Complete training as necessary.
- Processes CTR’s and SAR’s properly and promptly, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of in-house training program or other approved training program.
- Good interpersonal communication and computer skills; ability to operate standard office equipment such as adding machines and key board.
- Good phone etiquette.
- Must display good attendance, dependability and punctuality.
To apply for this job please visit secure.advancedpayroll.com.