Website First Savings Bank
Provides basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with financial institution procedures while looking for ways to better service our customers with our products and services.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Accepts loan payments and ensures the payments match balances due. Enters payments into the computer and issues customer receipts.
- Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Counts, checks and packages coin and currency as needed.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Reports malfunctions of teller erminals and other equipment used at the teller station.
- Is responsible for checking night depository bags and mail deposits, verifying contents and recording proper information on the financial institution’s forms.
- Is responsible for comprehensive, prompt and efficient customer transactions.
- Responsible for keeping cash and keys secure and adhering to cash drawer limits.
- Answers customer questions when necessary, always using the opportunities to cross-sell other bank services and refers to the proper person.
- Practice Sales and Service Performance Standards.
- Issues cashier’s checks, money orders and credit card advances.
- Responsible for being compliant with all regulations and compliance requirements pertaining to job function.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Complete training as necessary.
- Processes CTR’s and SAR’s properly and promptly, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of in-house training program or other approved training program.
- Good interpersonal communication and computer skills; ability to operate standard office equipment such as adding machines and key board.
- Good phone etiquette.
- Must display good attendance, dependability and punctuality.
To apply for this job please visit secure.advancedpayroll.com.