Commercial Lending Assistant
Website First Savings Bank
Job Title: Commercial Lending Assistant
Location: 900 Hwy 62 W. Corydon, IN 47112
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: 5B – Loan Support
Required Degree: High school
Manage Others: No
Performs a variety of duties in support of commercial lenders. Assures tasks are completed accurately, timely and professionally to ensure prompt and professional service to internal and external customers.
- Process new loans and renewals for commercial lenders
- CIP forms
- Secretary of State Search
- Verify possession of all Business Entity documents
- If real estate secured, order appraisal, title, flood, and Phase I if necessary.
- If other secured, search UCC filings
- Prepare to close
- Verify appraisal, title, flood, and Phase 1 orders
- Get proof of insurance
- Get payoffs
- Verify financial information
- Communicate with closing attorney(if applicable) and customer regarding the closing
- Close loans and renewals when necessary
- Fill out Loan Request via applicable software
- Complete Commercial Loan Checklists
- Assist customers with inquiries including, but not limited to, end of year information (balance and interest paid), history, interest discrepancies, balances, draw requests, payment information.
- Verify borrowing base or other covenant reporting reports as necessary.
- Prepare payoffs
- Order inspections for construction draws
- Order all commercial appraisals throughout the FSB system
- Monitor and work to clear commercial loan exceptions
- Manage excel spreadsheets to insure that commercial clients (builders) do not exceed approved lending limits.
- Recognize, analyze, and understand different points of view when problem solving…must be able to weigh what is best for clients and the bank.
- Work professionally and efficiently with external and internal clients.
- Assist Chief Lending Officer with special projects, as needed.
- Provide Notary service when needed.
- Make sure all required documents are sent to the Closing Agency being used in order to obtain a final title policy.
- Send all commercial appraisals to the appraisal department for review.
- Prepare wire transfers for loan closings as needed.
- Prepare Automated Loan Payment Authorization & Cancellation forms.
- Prepare and print any closing loan documents needed from the intranet that are not included in the LaserPro documents.
- Fill out CRA Determination Worksheet for each loan.
- Fill out HMDA form when applicable.
- Prepare Collateral Amendment and Loan Modification Requests as needed.
- Send Commercial and Real Estate insurance policies received in the mail to scanning and Lee & Mason when applicable.
- Send all original documents for Loan Operations via UPS.
- Responsible for being compliant with all regulations and compliance requirements pertaining to job function.
- Carries out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in Loan Operations or Commercial Lending Assistant experience preferred.
- Very detail oriented with ability to utilize Excel, Word and other computer applications without oversight, and quick ability to learn new applications and programs.
- Work as a team member with the assigned loan officers to ensure the team is functioning well and efficiently even if that means doing tasks or other duties that may be deemed at times as the responsibility of others.
- Understanding of commercial loan documentation (including what documents are necessary, and proper execution of such) preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to problem solve diverse customer and bank issues to create a win-win situation. Must be able to solve problems and make recommendations/appropriate communication with limited input of others.
- Work with all bank staff and flexibility to coordinate and attend closings when necessary, renewals, etc. even after hours if necessary.
- Assist Commercial Loan Officers in collection of past due financial information.
To apply for this job please visit secure.advancedpayroll.com.