Website Caesars Southern Indiana
The Staff Accountant is responsible for all areas of financial accounting for the casino. The Staff Financial Accountant works closely with department managers ensuring thorough knowledge of their fiscal responsibility and providing education on accounting processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Processing monthly financial statements, including prepaid and accrual entries, inventory account reconciliations, monitoring departmental spending, and following GAAP.
· Accurately completes and files financial and regulatory reporting for internal and external purposes in adherence of deadlines.
· Adheres to the requirements of finance department’s month-end closing schedule, which may require working odd day(s).
· Leads and participates in various inventories on the property, which on occasion may require working odd days.
· Reconciles and analyzes Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
· Participates in the monthly P & L review process. Provides support for accounting-related questions.
· Works closely with department managers to ensure they have a thorough understanding of their expenses and general accounting procedures.
· Researches Financial Accounting and Payroll systems info when needed, ensuring the accuracy of the General Ledger.
· Support accounts payable process, including paying bills and monitoring general ledger account usage.
· Fulfilling IRS regulatory requirements, including tracking, reconciling, and reporting.
· Ensure the accuracy of the Fixed Asset ledger.
· Maintaining records and financial spreadsheets for capital projects.
· Preparing for audits, including analyzing records and maintaining appropriate back-up.
· All other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Must have at a minimum a two-year college degree. A four-year college degree in accounting is preferred. Two or more years of accounting experience is required.
Must possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills. Must have the knowledge and ability to operate financial spreadsheet software and be able to quickly learn to navigate AS400 and web-based financial systems. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills and be a team player. Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
· Must be able to work independently.
· Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time (minimum of four hours).
· Demonstrates a sense of urgency while performing tasks and meeting deadlines.
· Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the casino; from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
· Must be able to lift, carry and/or push a minimum of 40 lbs.
· Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, twist, turn, push, pull, grasp objects and the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
· Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
· Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
To apply for this job please visit edmn.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.