Website First Savings Bank
Job Title: Part Time Teller
Location: 900 Highway 62 NW Corydon, IN, 47112
Employee Type: Part Time
Job Category: 5C – Tellers
Required Degree: High school
A Teller provides basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with financial institution procedures while looking for ways to better service our customers with our products and services.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Accepts loan payments and ensures the payments match balances due. Enters payments into the computer and issues customer receipts.
- Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Counts, checks and packages coin and currency as needed.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Reports malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller station.
- Is responsible for checking night depository bags and mail deposits, verifying contents and recording proper information on the financial institution’s forms.
- Is responsible for comprehensive, prompt and efficient customer transactions.
- Responsible for keeping cash and keys secure and adhering to cash drawer limits.
- Answers customer questions when necessary, always using the opportunities to cross-sell other bank services and refers to the proper person.
- Practice Sales and Service Performance Standards.
- Issues cashier’s checks, money orders and credit card advances.
- Responsible for being compliant with all regulations and compliance requirements pertaining to job function.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Complete training as necessary.
- Processes CTR’s and SAR’s properly and promptly, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of in-house training program or other approved training program.
- Good interpersonal communication and computer skills; ability to operate standard office equipment such as adding machines and key board.
- Good phone etiquette.
- Must display good attendance, dependability and punctuality.
First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has sixteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo, Montgomery, Odon and Salem. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
To apply for this job please visit secure.advancedpayroll.com.